Spring is finally in the air...

...and the birds are cautiously optimistic that it may be here to stay. Friday morning their singing was very...tentative. I saw a finch under my porch and that tells me she's here to make a nest.

And yesterday afternoon I saw the ice cream truck pass by (it was 66 degrees here).

My crocus have decided they are done and refuse to bloom. The shoots appeared a couple of weeks ago, but they didn't bloom last year either. The hyacinths didn't even bother to try. I planted the crocus and the hyacinths almost 18 years ago (along with 100 tulip bulbs that only bloomed one year; here they are annuals); guess it's time to pull them.
Last time the crocus bloomed in 2011
I am now headed into tunnel vision mode with the retirement quilt. I finished piecing the backing Friday morning, and the thread arrived Thursday. The longarm needs a serious cleaning and oiling which will happen today, then some muslin goes on the frame to play with the new threads (Glide by Fil-Tec). I'm going to a copy shop to print out the center medallion to size and hope to put it in the center of the quilt; the rest of the quilt I will freehand with an allover design of stars, loops and swirls.

I am not ready for Daylight Savings Time. I do not relish losing that hour overnight. I set the alarm for 5:30 this morning. At 5:30 I hit the snooze button and when I opened my eyes again, it was 8:30. It's noon now but it doesn't look like it outside! It'll be a bear getting up on Monday (and even worse getting a 17-year-old teenager to get out of bed). Wish me luck.

You probably won't hear from me again until the retirement quilt is quilted, which I hope is done by the end of next weekend.

Go quilt!




Comments

Popular Posts