Welcome, March--now where's Spring?

Saturday and Sunday were spent quilting Swiss Mocha! And lucky me, today is an ICE day (as opposed to SNOW day) here in Arkansas and the office is closed, so I have finished the quilting on this thing! Binding won't be completed until the retirement quilt is done, but I hope to complete it this month.
Swiss Mocha is finally quilted
(Sorry about the lack of light--it was 5:00 p.m. when I took the photo and in the winter you can't get enough light in this room.) I'll show some close ups and a better photo when it's done.

I ordered my thread for the retirement quilt on Saturday and it shipped today. I'm guessing it will be here by the weekend because of this weather. I ordered Glide because I've heard great things about it. I'm going to do an allover design (NOT DENSE) and maybe put an eagle in the center. I want to keep this simple. The label is designed and I'll print it tomorrow.

So tomorrow is backing day and I have readied my plan of attack. What a gift the last three days has been! It's almost too much to hope for another day off tomorrow.

The irony of having the time off due to the weather is that I have had to pull out of Girl Gang and couldn't attend our annual retreat--which is this week. The Willikers is out of school due to the weather and he was the main reason why I pulled out and decided not to attend the retreat. Oh, well...at least I'm quilting.

Our friend Holly has been stuck at our house for over a week now--she became ill Friday before last and stayed with us to convalesce. She's much better now, but in the mean time she has been without wheels AND her birthday was Sunday. We all went out to eat Saturday evening and the hubster prepared sausage gravy and biscuits for her Sunday morning. We had a beautiful german chocolate cake for dessert (yes, dessert at breakfast).
Today her brother picked her up to retrieve the car--she has a serious case of cabin fever. I told her to call us if they get stuck somewhere, but she arrived safely a couple of hours later.

Tonight I'll be working on more Trick or Treat blocks--I am really enjoying the back basting technique because I seem to get more done and don't have to wait until I have time to use the starch and Templar.

Stay warm--wrap up in a quilt!


Comments

Popular Posts