The purge

Every time I use that word, I think of the movie. 😖

This weekend the purge took place in my bookcase.

Last year I decided I didn't need to buy any more books or patterns because I have enough. More than I will ever use to make anything.

Then I bought two booklets, two books, and a couple of patterns here and there last year.

And I had no room for them in the bookcase.

Sort of forces the issue, right?

I have hung onto magazines from the late early 90's and the first decade of this century (I successfully purged the magazines from the 70s and 80s a few years ago). Remember the "show no mercy" statement I made in the last post? Yep. I pulled the mags and went through each of them. The magazine had to have at least 3 viable projects/patterns in order to stay intact and with me and not added to the purge file. All others had patterns removed if there were only 1 or 2 patterns I liked and the rest of the magazine was trashed. A few hours into the magazine review it was easier to pitch the entire magazine. The now loose patterns have been placed in page protectors and into a notebook.
Discarded pages from the magazines
Books have been pulled and added to a bin, the contents of which will be listed for sale soon (or given away if I'm too lazy to do a sale).

The ultimate goal is to clear enough space to move the pattern baskets from the cave to a shelf on the bookcase, and maybe even make a home for some of my supplies from the overflow in the cave.

But I will make time today to stitch out an embroidery design that will be the center of a block:
Available at Embroidery Library, Design K5184
We'll see what shakes out! In the meantime, go quilt!



Comments

Popular Posts