Finally Finished! Now and Later - a quilt for Holly

This quilt was part of the Make it for Christmas frenzy this year.

Holly is Steph's partner and I've wanted to make a quilt for her for quite some time. I had so many scraps left over from the Tattoo Quilt and thought, why not make a coordinating quilt?

I used the pattern Now and Later from American Patchwork & Quilting with slight modifications. I reviewed all the scraps left from Steph's quilt and pulled what was useable, running them through the die cutter.

The quilt pattern featured 30s prints and solid white. Instead of solid white, I used prints with a white background.

I had fully intended to put borders on this quilt. When I had it on the design wall, Jack took a look and said it was done. I thought it was a bit small, but he thought it was good. Due to time constraints, I quilted it with an allover meander.

The back is the same as the front of Steph's Tattoo Quilt:


The label
I used a Kona Cotton gray solid for the binding.

And I would have a photo of the recipient with her new quilt, but the video was too large to upload. I've asked my sister to take a photo, but I haven't yet received it. As soon as I do, another post!

Quilt stats:
Size: 54" x 57"
Threads: Top - So Fine 402; bottom - Magna Glide White
Batting: Quilter's Dream Blend
Label: Designed in PSE14 and printed by Spoonflower

More handmade gifts for Christmas coming in another post. Now, go quilt!




Comments

Popular Posts