A quilt for Max



Max was born back in November, but I wasn't inspired to make him something until I saw this adorable quilt on Pinterest. It's a Moda Bake Shop pattern designed by Vanessa of V & Co., and you can get it here. Max came into the world weighing 11 lbs., 8 oz., so I enlarged the pattern because a big boy needs a big quilt. I used to work for Max's grandfather and when he saw the quilt this morning he was grinning from ear to ear. Now I believe I can count on my hands the number of times I have seen that man that tickled and I have known him for almost 40 years. Then he started talking about where the quilt would go (apparently it's going to his nephew's wedding next month in Indiana) and how the quilt will have to STAY at his house. I just looked at him and said, "It's Max's quilt. It goes where he goes."

Grandpa really laughed when he saw the back--I told him that that's how Max will know his name because most of the time it will be uttered with that exclamation point!

It did my heart good to see him smiling over something so simple. I told him I wanted a picture of Max on it, and I'll post it when it arrives.

This is the second quilt I have finished this year, so I'm on a roll. I haven't decided yet if I'm quilting another top this weekend or tidying up the Bottoms Up! Studio--the girlfriends are congregating at my house Saturday after next and I need to clear a path for them! If you see another quilt posted here this weekend, you'll know what won.

Make someone smile today--and let's quilt!

Shari

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts