|My worktable today|
It's my first time back to the retreat in three years, and I'm counting the days. Working on those blocks today really was good for me; the euphoria was such that I'd really like to call in sick tomorrow, but that's not happening...
And here's some random musings for you:
- Read on a blog: "Have you gotten used to writing 2016 on your checks?" No, because I don't write checks anymore! (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
- Hibernation: I finally figured out that instead of taking off 2 weeks at Christmas, I should take off 2-3 weeks in January so I can do that hibernation thing.
- Have you heard there was a hurricane in the Atlantic? Hurricane Alex, first recorded hurricane in January since 1938.
- It's finally hit me that I haven't been keeping up with what's happening in the quilting world so much as far as new products, fabric lines, etc. But what I have read this week is the latest diatribes on men and quilting. This topic rears it's head every once in a while and here it is again...
- And I need to follow my own advice. I have gone back to spending time in the studio only on the weekends, and I need to go back to weeknight time in the studio; I'll get more done.
And passings...first David Bowie, then Alan Rickman, and just a couple of hours ago, Glenn Frey. Oh, how I loved Glenn Frey. I saw the Eagles back in 1977 when they came to Little Rock; one of the best concerts ever. I couldn't afford the tickets to see them when they reunited, but it's just as well...