About that plan for 2017

I've had some more time to think about what I want to do this year since my last post.


A few days ago I started working on my schedule for how I was going to get done what I want done. And the number of projects I wanted to complete this year was 37 instead of 33. I whittled the list down and the number is under 30, which is still hefty for me, but this also includes knitted projects.

While this might be doable for many, I'm SLOW. I've been a process person for most of my life and have only been better at finishing projects the last 4 years.

I said in my last post that my plan was to MAKE. Maybe it should be more like...say...FINISH.

I believe this year I will work on one project at a time until it is finished. Y'all have no idea how hard that is for me, and I can't tell you how long that idea will last. It also means I will have to finely prioritize what I want done. Most of the quilt projects are UFOs in various stages of completion, but there will be, for certain, one new quilt started, and that will be for our bed.

Add to that my current frustration with the Bottoms Up! Studio being an absolute wreck, and it could account for why I can't seem to get anywhere (in addition to my illness). I finally started feeling better a couple of days ago (when I started my list). But Thursday and Friday I teleworked. I do this in the studio and just being in it was a bit of a downer. In the winter the studio (actually, the whole house) never has enough light. My longarm was moved into the front section of the studio a year ago to allow our son to have a space in the back room for his business. It's made the front room very crowded.

In order to get anything done, I'll need to clean, purge and organize. I'm going to evaluate my books, patterns, fabrics, etc., and do my best to show no mercy.

The Hubster is also renovating my sewing cabinet to accommodate The Beast. The entire top is being replaced and will be bigger in width, but shorter in length. It's a win. It will take a little time to get it done but it's in motion. New daylight bulbs arrived this week and that should also help.
Table top removal
PATIENCE should be another word I use this year.

Each year I make a notebook that holds the patterns and photos for the projects I want to make. Which of the "Keep Calm" images above should be on the front? (Hint: I don't think the "patience" one will make the cut.)

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, go MAKE!




Comments

Popular Posts