Happy New Year!

Welcome, 2013, and welcome, dear readers, to my new blog. I have toyed with the idea of having a blog for years, and finally decided to take the plunge. Most of the entries will be quilt-related, but there will be some other rantings and ravings along the way.

A little about myself: I'm a middle-aged woman who also happens to be a wife, mother and big sister, a full-time employee of a federal government agency, and a recovering quilt shop owner. I have not made as many quilts as I would like to have by this point in my life, but I hope to change that this year. I have a major fabric stash that needs to be transformed into some quilts!

A little over two years ago I inventoried my UFOs and went through every piece of fabric I own to determine what was worth saving and those "what was I thinking?" projects and fabrics. There were 67 UFOs and I don't know how many yards, but I actually said to the DH, "I have enough fabric." I haven't purchased much since then, although a couple of out-of-town trips got the best of me and I came home with some yardage. The "what was I thinking?" stuff went to a community correction unit that teaches quilting to their inmates. The rest--well, I'm still working on them.

I'm a lover of all things prim (I'm also known as the Maven of Mud), but I like to take a walk on the wild side with my quilting from time to time. When I was a quilt shop owner we had a Girl Gang at the shop, and since the shop closed we have maintained that connection and friendship and continue to meet monthly--it's a fabulous group!

Today I'm going to spend a little time in the Bottoms Up! Studio doing some organization. It's been through the wringer over the holidays--I made pajama bottoms for all of our kids and their significant others and a robe for my sister-in-law--I knew I couldn't get that many quilts done by Christmas! I'll post some photos of the studio when it's presentable.

It's not too late to enjoy some black-eyed peas and hog jowl today--we added some turnip greens and cornbread--HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND HAPPY QUILTING!

Shari
a prim and (not so) proper quilter



Comments

Popular Posts