The wheels on the bus go round and round!

In our neck of the woods it is the first day of school for most kids--the hubster is a school bus driver for the largest school district in our state. I got the bright idea a few months ago that he should have a very special shirt to wear back to school on the first day:
Itty bitty buses on lime green! I cut out the shirt while at my sister's weekend before last (because it was a secret, of course). I had all these warm fuzzy feelings of how his little bitty students would love it and maybe even make them feel a little bit better about going back to school. It didn't hit me until late last week that all the other bus drivers might have a good laugh out of it--but I had already cut everything out and it was too late to turn back! The surprise leaked out of me Friday evening and he actually helped me put it together. 
Can't get the man to smile on demand! 

I actually have fabric cut for another school bus shirt (scored both pieces on sale at Fat Quarter Shop) that I plan to complete in the next few weeks.

Hubby suggested that the NEXT time I purchase fabric for shirts to please make it batik.

Sunday we celebrated our oldest son's 31st birthday with a brunch. Our son Ross and daughter-in-law Katie were in New Orleans celebrating Katie's 30th birthday, but we had everyone else and had a great time:
...and everything was gluten-free.

I'm still quilting that charity quilt! Hope to have it off the frame by Friday.

Happy quilting (and sewing),

Comments

Popular Posts