A glorious weekend with The Girlfriends

I've mentioned before how lucky I am to have not one but several besties. This weekend several of us gathered for a bunking party at my home and we had a wonderful time--the hubster prepared dinner for us on Saturday night and brunch for us this morning and us girls got to relax and TALK! 

We have known each other since the ninth grade--41 years. Our relationships with each other have gone through dry spells every now and then as life intervenes and throws up a road block or two, but we always manage to get back to each other, especially in times of need. The best part is that we love and like each other, and always have a great time when we're together.

I told the hubster this morning after everyone had left that I marveled at how strong each of us was in response to life events--and each of us is going through one now. Each one's is different--one's husband has macular degeneration and is now on disability--an extremely active man--and his wife is struggling to find him something he can do to bide his time; one's husband just passed away after a lengthy illness; one lost her job and her husband walked out on her an hour later, and has a teenaged son who does not want to move to another town because he's in the International Baccalaureate program in our school district and there's no such program in the new district (so she's actually going through 3 events). The last one is about to take the aforementioned teenaged son into her home so he can stay in the school district.

We came together this weekend to rally around the one who is going through the most at the moment. While we are all strong individuals, I am amazed at our strength when we band together. I have been blessed beyond measure to have these girls in my life and I consider them my family. I pray that we always weather the storms that come our way, but know that I can always reach out to them in times of need. I hope we helped ease some of the pain that one is experiencing right now, and she knows we're at her side.

David came over this afternoon to work on Love Endures - here's the progress from today:

I hope you had a fabulous weekend! Happy quilting!

Comments

Popular Posts