This Holy week

I paused for a moment when I realized that my trivial woes from my birthday are nothing when you reflect on Christ's suffering over 2,000 years ago. I am humbled, and I am grateful to God for everything I have (and everything I don't have). HE IS RISEN!

We had family here yesterday for my birthday and Easter brunch. My sister and our friend Holly handled the decorations and had Easter baskets for everyone!






Hubster's basket

David's basket - all things Star Wars - Jack's had Transformers
Emma's basket

My basket!
Isn't the tablecloth fabulous? I want to make a quilt with those colors!

We continued our tradition of the birthday person making the meal. Hubster helped. He and I prepared Eggs Benedict our way--served on English muffins or a bed of smoked gouda grits (for this gluten-free girl) with country ham (instead of Canadian bacon), and eggs that were "poached" in the oven and covered with a lovely Hollandaise sauce (the blender way a la Julia Child). We served a bread pudding with fireball whiskey sauce and ice cream from Loblolly Creamery, and fresh strawberries and pineapple. Mimosas were free-flowing. It was lovely.
Prepping for the mimosas
After brunch we dyed Easter eggs and had so much fun! We haven't done it in years.

Today we are feasting on ham sandwiches, deviled eggs and rice salad.

Here's our menu, and as soon as I can find a decent recipe gadget, I'll add the recipes:

Saturday Brunch
Eggs Benedict the Sherman & Lloyd way
Blender Hollandaise Sauce
Smoked Gouda Grits
Bread Pudding
Fireball Whiskey Sauce

Sunday Supper
Ham Sandwiches
Rice Salad
Deviled Eggs

And I also wanted to show you some more photos from the tree cutting on my birthday. We have so much sunshine coming into our living/dining room now.



Before - our tree in front of the house; Bert and Sally's tree hanging over our roof in the back
After - look at all that sunshine!
I hope your Easter was wonderful. Go quilt!

Comments

Popular Posts