Hello...

...My name is Shari, and I am a quilter who blogs. It has been just under 4 months since my last post.

I've been out in the weeds...I had a whole lot of "meh" feelings about quilting this summer...so much so that I squandered the entire summer and did not work on the secret project until the end of July. I hosted a sew day with the Girlfriends and Cindy suggested that the Girlfriends needed to help me with the project. Normally I would say "No!", but I caved. I am trying to be more receptive to offers of kindness.

And thanks to the Girlfriends, the secret project is finished and gifted. More on that in my next post.

The biggest reason for my absence from the blog and quilting is the Hubster--he found out the day after my last post that he was building the Great Wall to China in both of his kidneys, and he has since had 8 surgeries. He's much better, but there's more to come and we'll learn more about that this coming week.

Other than the secret project, no quilting has taken place, but the quilting mojo is slowly coming back.

Here's a few shots from our family Christmas:
New Christmas tree, old ornament

Garland made by my co-worker, Patti

Hubster chilling before the presents are opened

Sydney and Jack enjoying the conversation

Emma, David and Britta wolfing down the breakfast goodies; those are
haystacks cooling on the parchment paper. Cinnamon rolls,
sausage rolls, cheese rolls and spicy egg casserole for breakfast.

Another shot of the breakfast goodies and haystacks

Syd modeling her new Ray-Bans

Emma's "E" is for "Elephant" bag

Ross' new bluetooth thermometer

Emma's new pajamas that I finished ON TIME!

Steph and Holly admiring the photo collage the kids and Phillip and I gave them

This photo was taken by my stepdaughter;
these are the quilts I made for our granddaughters

The dinner table; it was a bit crowded this year (and I love that)

Desserts on the buffet

I'm off from work for a few days and I hope to get Pinetree Village quilted over the next week.

Go quilt!





Comments

Popular Posts