Just stuff of life

...it's been about 4 months since my last post.



Since I returned home from the Girl Gang retreat I haven't had a whole lot of time to quilt because of the stuff of life. It's all good--no misery. Things picked up at work and while it has settled a bit, not much in the way of quilting is happening except for a little hand work from time to time.

So what's been happening? Here's part of the list and I'll give some details on some of the happenings and events in later posts:

March: The weekend before Easter we had the wonderful experience of attending an ordination--Emma's best friend, Hannah, was ordained as a deacon in the Episcopal Church and has relocated to Jonesboro, Arkansas following completion of her schooling at the seminary in Washington, DC. The service was gorgeous and very high church--something that felt really good to my soul. Hannah will be a fabulous priest--she is young, vivacious, loving, and just plain fun to be around.

Hannah and Emma 
The ordination
April: My birthday was in April and I could have spent my birthday weekend quilting--I knew the Hubster would be more than happy to have me spend the entire weekend in the studio. But I had another idea and I'll share that in another post!

May: Hubster's birthday and Memorial Day weekend coincided with a trip to Memphis. We did a crazy thing and I'll talk about it in another post.

June: An impromptu and whirlwind week with our granddaughters, ending with our annual trip to Memphis to cook food for the masses, this time for 4 days, over the Independence Day holiday. Best food and fireworks ever! Click here to watch this year's fireworks show.

Quilting updates: I have finished quilting Pinetree Village and I'm ready to square it up and attach the binding.

The retirement quilt is now a flimsy, and when we returned from Memphis today I worked on the label and backing. I got a bit of a reprieve on the deadline because we'll take the honoree to dinner in the next few weeks after it's quilted.

I can't believe I did this, but I said OUT LOUD at the retreat that I wanted to complete 15 quilts this year, and I hope I haven't I have cut my nose off to spite my face. April is over halfway gone May is here June is here July is almost here and I haven't yet finished one quilt. That means I need to complete 2-1/2 quilts a month and that will not happen...

More to come--until then...

Go quilt!


Comments

Popular Posts