Finally Finished - 2 baby quilts!

Vicki, a dear friend, was blessed with twin grandbabies in early July--a boy and a girl! They need quilts.

I had 2 International Mystery Quilt Tour quilt tops that needed to be quilted. I searched in my stash for appropriate backing...a bit of a dilemma since I wanted to use the same for both quilts and make it work for a boy and a girl. After discussing the decor of the babies' nursery, I remembered I had some wide solid gray backing fabric leftover from making curtains for Jack's booths last year. Grandma approved!

Loaded them up on the frame and ended my 8-month absence from the longarm.

Just bubbles, doodles and swirls because I'm rusty. But they're done and crossed off the UFO Bucket List!

I need to improve my photography skills!

I love the texture on the backs.

I did something a little different with the labels this time.

I turned them into hoodies--I sewed a bias strip to the base of the triangle and sewed the triangle legs into a corner on the back of the quilt. The triangle base isn't sewn down and it can be used to cover the baby's head.

And now I'm working on another International Mystery Tour quilt, but this one will be for our bedroom--a throw. I'll have more about sewing for the bedroom in a future post, but you may expect this quilt to be a part of it.

After a crazy-busy June and July, it's nice to be able to sit down and sew again. I had a very productive August and first half of September and it felt really good! I have more finishes and you'll see those posts soon.

More to come--go quilt!






Comments

Popular Posts