Happy National Quilting Day; Welcome, Spring; and—Project Bin 22 is empty!

...even if it wasn’t all necessarily quilting projects.

Actually, there are some scraps left. And while I thought it would be fun to do something with those scraps, I decided against it because I want to move on to Project Bin 21.

And, this is the first time in several years that I am able to celebrate #NQD by QUILTING. And, it’s the first day of a long-awaited vacation and today may be my only chance to do it, so this will be a very short post!

The last item in PB22 was a bunch of patriotic fabrics. A few years ago I gifted my sister a string of Edison-style lights to hang on her beautiful front porch. There are 3 feet between each light and I made about 40 bunting flags for those spaces. Turned out I didn’t make enough, and it has taken me this long to get them done.

One reason why I put this off for so long was because I used snaps on a flap of the flag to attach it to the cord. I had an awful time using the Dritz snap tool, so Hubs volunteered to do it for me (enter lots of curse words). Many snaps were broken. I have since pitched the awful Dritz snap tool.

I’ve read much praise for the KAMsnaps products, and decided to give it a try. I was delighted by the ease of installing the snaps and the price was more than reasonable. This is the set I bought at Amazon (NAYY):


There is another reason why I purchased the KAMsnaps, but that’s for another post.

So now the last 5 flags are done, and we are hopeful that my sister’s annual Independence Day Fireworks and Foodfest will happen this year, Lord willing. I haven’t seen her in ages, but we are planning to meet at the halfway point between our homes for a picnic next weekend, and I’ll give her the flags.


And this is where they will go:


Just in case you like the idea of this project, I am planning a tutorial for it. 

Here’s a taste of what I’m working on today:


Go quilt today!



Comments

Popular Posts