A little dress for my little great-granddaughter

 …and a visit, too!

Our granddaughter recently sent us a video of our great-granddaughter pulling herself up and bouncing on the floor.  Hubs saw it and yelled, “We have to go see her!”  I had to agree.  We spent a whirlwind Memorial Day weekend between Memphis and Nashville and managed to squeeze in lots of snuggles and kisses with the darling girl (and her family, too).

A couple of weeks before the trip I made her a little dress.  And by little, I mean size 9-12 months.  It’s been many, many years since I sewed anything for a baby besides a quilt.  I found a pattern I liked and remembered a couple of things about garment construction that I don’t love—gathers and turning something inside out of a 1/2” opening.  But I managed and even I think it’s cute.

The pattern is the Daisy dress pattern from OhMeOhMySewing.com.  The photo below is from the designer's website:


And here's the dress I made (before hemming):



No, I don't have a photo of her in it...yet.  I have enough fabric leftover to make a hat or a hair bow, and I need to get that done and I will probably get a photo at that point. 

I want to make another summer outfit for her, and want to make something for the fall and winter.  We’ll be heading back to Nashville in September for her birthday, so I need to figure out what I’m making and get cracking.

There has not been much in the way of sewing since I made the dress back in May.  It's almost the end of June and the sewing mojo seems to have left the building.  A couple of weeks ago I started on some improv blocks for the Stitch & B!tch sampler, but it took me 5 hours to make 3 blocks that left me less than satisfied.  I need to stick with the original game plan and get cracking, but this heat keeps me from doing almost anything.  My mind has also been preoccupied with other stuff, and I'll share that with you in my next post. 

Stay cool, and go make!





Comments

Popular Posts