It’s a new week.

Never mind that it's Wednesday--I’m off from work!



Just a sampling of some of my stash...

I’ve been obsessing lately about my fabric stash.  The studio in the new house will be two rooms for a combined square footage of less than 300 square feet.  I will probably do what I’m doing now; store it in the closet of one the rooms to protect it from light. 

I have been looking at quilt patterns and other fabric makes for ideas on how to quickly use up the stash that I no longer desire.  I did give away a large bin of fabric to Katrina last year to use in a service project.  But while what remains isn't exactly to my taste at the moment, I am hard-pressed to give it away and would rather use it up.  

And there are the many UFO projects waiting ever so patiently to be completed.  I continue to be focused on those, but it is slow going.  The current WIP, the Stitch & B!tch Sampler, languished over the last month after I made some improv blocks for it that just were not working.  A couple of weekends ago I sat down with Electric Quilt and re-thought the layout and while it is not substantially different, it is now a "less is more" layout.  I added borders to two blocks to get an idea if I was on the right track, and I believe I am.  While I thought this quilt would take me a year to finish, I believe I can shave a few months off of that initial estimate.  No photos in this post, but I will have some soon.

So, for now, I'll keep working on the S&B sampler while I continue looking for ways to use up the stash.  I found a free pattern at Free Spirit named "Eclectic" that was made with Kaffe Fassett fabrics, and what I'm planning to use will be reproductions from two muddy colors.  It should make a great comfy throw for our new living room, and I believe it will look good.  I'll let you know when I start it. 

Other updates: about an hour after I hit "Publish" on my post about making my great-granddaughter a dress, my granddaughter sent me a photo of the sweet little girl modeling it.  It made my heart sing!  But granddaughter also pointed out that it fits her REALLY WELL, which means she can wear it maybe two more times.  Next outfit will be bigger.  She is growing like a weed, and she has legs that go on for DAYS.  I believe she will be very tall like her daddy.  

Onward, upward, and forward. Go make!



Comments

Popular Posts