Merry Everything


 …to you and yours!

We celebrated Christmas Saturday evening, which is not our normal—our family was together thanks to FaceTime, and I’m grateful; this was our first in-person (for most of us) Christmas gathering in 4 years. Having it on Christmas Eve was more about convenience for everyone.  As a result, I got to spend a quiet Christmas day with the Hubs and even got to sew a bit, in addition to doing laundry.

While savoring my coffee Christmas morning, I thought about some things from the evening before that reminded me how easily distracted I have been — I’ve been calling it “living in the moment,” but when all the kids had left, my sister and I were in the foyer and I noticed she was looking at the photos on the wall and commenting on one or the other and I said, “Again, I forgot to take photos tonight.”  I think I need to designate a family member to always take photos.

I have also been thinking about what I want to accomplish next year.  I won’t do a deep-dive for you now, but I have lots of ideas swimming in my head but also the desire to finish as many as I did this year (more about those in upcoming posts).  Since 2024 will be the last year of being what I laughingly refer to as being gainfully employed, I hope I can devote enough time to accomplish the “I musts” and the “I wants.”

But more about Christmas—first one in our new home, and the day after Thanksgiving, I learned that somehow, some way, I managed to get rid of my Christmas trees.  I could have sworn I had two.  I’m still scratching my head over that one.  Steph and I headed to Hobby Lobby and I purchased another one, and she blinged it out to perfection:

We also went to Michael’s where I purchase a large canvas and she made this for our mantle:


I’ve taken to adding to the photo wall a seasonal word art picture; Steph dressed up the table:

The Hubs, better known as Santa this time of year, graciously allowed me to take a few photos of him to share with a friend's grandchildren:



I love his smile in this one

And finally! The Holiday Inn sign was mounted on its new home wall.  We decided to add lighting to it.  It’s a bit sparse this year but I was grateful for it being up.  I asked the Hubs to install hooks on the bottom and the plan is to hang things from them; this year, it’s garland:



I have several makes to show you; the blog posts are written but need the photos, which haven’t been stamped with the watermark (I know; priorities).  I’ve been re-thinking how I stamp those in light of many quilt designs being stolen and made into blankets for mass sales by unscrupulous ne’er-do-wells.  

I’ve been lucky to work from home this week, and as a result I’ve been able to finish a baby quilt top. The precious baby is due today, I believe, so I haven’t yet quilted it or made the label, but I’m hoping to add it to the list of finishes this year.  We will see.

I wish you all a happy and joyous season and pray that you are with the ones you love and enjoy. 

Go make!



Comments

Popular Posts