More on organization...

My mantra for 2014: "Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results." - Dennis Wholey (with thanks to Nichole Webb Rivera for sharing it).

A new year always makes me stop and ponder the organization of my life...my studio, home, thoughts.... I spent a lot of time reorganizing my studio earlier in the year, but I'm rethinking it -- again. The longarm room needs a new layout and it definitely needs more lighting (especially in winter).

But everything else needs organization, too--I'm the keeper of the paper in this household, and I've been lax in keeping that part of our lives in order. I did do a big paper shove this year but it could be better. Also, the hubster is basically in the dark about where all the Important Papers reside, and he needs to know where things are. We've lost more family members and friends than normal this year and each time I've told him we need to have The Talk, and let our kids know where everything is. When one of my co-workers passed away unexpectedly a couple of weeks ago, the hubster agreed he needed to know what's going on. 

2014 will be Mission: Organized for me. I'm going to focus on paper, photos (combined with genealogy), college plans for Will, and finished quilts. I need to define exactly what I want to accomplish in all of those areas instead of just saying that I want it organized.
Photo of a corner of the Bottoms Up! Studio - yes, it's bad
I welcome any and all suggestions.

I will make a list of the quilts I want to complete this year and determine what is necessary to complete them. I created a spreadsheet of all of my UFOs 2 years ago and each one has a priority level (with 67 UFOs, you have to break it down somehow).

What do you want to accomplish in 2014? Besides the organization, life continues to speed along--and while we are shepherding our ward, the hubster and I are realizing he needs more time and attention than we originally anticipated. It will be interesting to see if we can strike a good balance.

Here's to accomplishing our goals for 2014!

Comments

Popular Posts