In the bleak midwinter

When I was in church choir singing alto, I remember singing this song every January. I think of the song whenever January throws its bleak, cold shadows on my soul. The weather here swings back and forth from balmy 60s/70s to a frigid (for us) 9 degrees. No wonder so many around me are sick.

It also makes for a very depressing time--the sun is shining when I take Will to school and head to work (except for today when it was snowing), but it's almost dark by the time I get home in the evening. Go through all the chores necessary and it's almost 8:00 p.m. when I look up.

Can you tell so far that there has been no quality time in the studio for a few days?

AND, Photoshop Elements crashed on me two days ago. So no photos in this post. 

I need to get up earlier than usual in the morning, swig back the coffee, jump in the shower, get makeup on, hair dried and dressed, get Will moving, and get my miserable butt downstairs in the studio for some happy time. I want to have a good progress report for January.

Wish me luck.


Comments

Popular Posts