More random thoughts

It is absolutely amazing to me how much better I feel when I spend as little as 30 minutes every day in my studio for a week! The hubster and I had a long talk Monday about my lack of time in the studio since Will moved in with us. Staying on top of him with his school work took all of our time and energy. DH and I talked about what I could do to get some time in the studio and we revisited a tactic I used a couple of summers ago--I got up earlier in the morning and immediately got ready for work, which allowed me at least an hour in the studio before heading out the door to work. Tuesday morning I got up early, got ready, got Will moving, and headed to the studio, and I've done it every morning since. Granted, that's only 3 days, but my attitude has greatly improved and I actually had a smile on my face for most of the day. Like I said; amazing.

What have I done this week? I have been cutting out the retirement quilt I'm making for my co-worker. I'm still waiting on a die and Go adapter tray from Accuquilt (scheduled to arrive tomorrow). I'm taking off tomorrow to spend the day in the studio and I would really like to wait to start piecing this one until I have that other die and adapter tray and can cut the remaining units, but our postal carrier won't be here until around 4:00 p.m. No worries; I'll find something else to work on. Maybe Swiss Mocha will get quilted.


So tomorrow begins my 4-day weekend thanks to the holiday on Monday. I won't spend the entire weekend quilting; I have some paperwork to organize and we still have to put up Christmas decorations. I may get back into the studio on Monday.

And 5 yards of this lovely stuff arrived yesterday! It's for a One Block Wonder quilt--apparently the repeat is fairly small so it might not work as well as I had hoped, but we'll see. Don't know when I'm going to start it, but I'll let you know when I do.

I've been looking at lots of quilts and other artwork online recently and getting loads of inspiration. When I think about the last couple of years, the projects I've worked on have been pretty dull. And working on old UFOs, while rewarding, is...well...boring! I need a little spark to get me revved up this year and I'm getting lots of ideas. I'm really excited about working on the special project (the Tattoo Quilt), but probably won't start it until next month.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. I hope you have a great weekend and get to quilt!




Comments

Popular Posts