Humming along...

In my never ending quest to finish up some UFOs, I happened across this one the other day:
In the interest of full disclosure, I am not a lover of pink.

This is another from the long list of quilts that were never finished from the International Mystery Tour at the quilt shop I used to co-own. This one was from the very first one we hosted, and the country we "visited" was Australia. We had three colorways each month and I must have volunteered to take the pink colorway.

So 7, 8, 9 years go by and I'm not even sure what the status is of this project other than it is in a pile in a Bin, but I had an idea that this could be a quilt for one of the grands.

I opened up the Bin and found that all the rows were pieced--bonus! Three rows were even joined together and I thought, that's a good start! Started throwing the rows up onto the design wall and stood back:
My goodness, that's a lot of pink.

I'm not going to over-think this one but if I don't put borders on it it will only be 40" x 64", so I dived into the cave and found this fabric:
The pink in the birds looks warmer than what's on the design wall, but I held it up to the design wall and thought that it would be ok. But a couple of days later I decided that it wouldn't work. The hunt is on...

So the next time you see this, it will probably have borders. And maybe it will even be quilted.

Go quilt!


Comments

Popular Posts