It's time to quilt

Summer is winding down but the heat is here. School has started, which means the hubster is back to work and we have Will for another school year, his last.

With the senior year, it seems there are more activities (and expenses, of course!). Our schedules are thrown off because home football games are on Thursday nights this season instead of Fridays. The high school's football field has been demolished and a new stadium and field house are being constructed that won't be ready until next year, so the games will be played at War Memorial Stadium in Little Rock, and the school has to share the use of the field with another high school that has dibs on the field for Friday nights.

And...the hubster took a new job as an evening dispatcher with the school district where he is employed, so that's another change to our routine. His hours have flip flopped and that's an adjustment.

I'm not whining--really! I'm just feeling a bit old to be going through some of this stuff at my age.

I'm starting on a customer quilt next week that I will have to devote all spare time to in order to get it done on time, so I probably won't post for a while. I hope to show you the customer quilt when it's completed.

I'm a bit restless, too, because I'm itching to start a new project. I dove into the fabric cave this evening thinking...finish a UFO, or start a new project? I have finished two UFOs this year and have another one going on the longarm this weekend.

But, it's September! That means a new quilt project! Checked out some of my fabrics:



Then I started looking at all the scrap bins and thought, a scrappy project sounds really good right now:

Then I started looking at some of my books and thought, which project? This one brought me to my knees the first time I saw it, and it still does:
 Same for this one:
 And this one has been on my list for YEARS:
And I know that part of my desire to start a new project is the fact that I have to work on someone else's quilt, and I need to suck it up and get it done and start the next project guilt-free.

And I could just finish another UFO. This pile of pinks has been languishing for a few years:
And I really need to clean up the studio:
I'm easily distracted.

I still work on my hand projects during lunch and doctor appointments, but I doubt I'll get much else done.

If you don't see me for a while, you'll understand why. I will have another post some time in the near future about the making of Long May it Wave, and if I ever get photos of our grandnephew Lane on the quilt I made him, I'll post those, too.

Go quilt!


Comments

Popular Posts