February 2015 Progress Report, ALYoF and 350 Blocks Project

February: 28 days of quilting fabulosity with some other stuff thrown into the mix.


At the beginning of the month I determined my goals:

Start a new quilt - I chose Pinetree Village for my new quilt. My version is an adaptation of the quilt designed by Jan Patek and it is published in her book, "Up On the Rooftop." The blocks are done and on the design wall. I may add some snowflakes because I think it's almost too much negative space (for me).

350 Blocks Project - Shelly set the goal of 30 blocks -

Trick or Treat blocks - 5 blocks
Label, backing and binding on the little lone star - counting as 6 blocks
Label for Chinese Nachos quilt - 1 block
Pinetree Village - 56 blocks
Borders on Australia IMT quilt - counting as 4 blocks
Borders on German IMT quilt - counting as 4 blocks
TOTAL: 76 BLOCKS!
For once, I'm ahead of the game.

Complete a flimsy - either Australia Pink Streak of Lightning or German Braid - Two flimsies!

Australia Streak of Lightning IMT quilt - Ready to piece the backing and get all that pink off of my design wall. This was my goal for my February ALYoF.

German Braid IMT quilt - Had to purchase some fabric for the borders and it took a while to get here, but it arrived in time for me to complete the top. Off to the backing.

Complete the little lone star quilt -

Louisa's Little Lone Star - DONE! Shipped off to little Louisa to enjoy.

It's been a great month for quilting and next week I'll explain why I got so much done. I'm linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes at Fiber of all Sorts and the 350 Blocks Project at Prairie Moon Quilts.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to binge watch House of Cards with the Hubster. Go quilt!



Comments

Popular Posts