Ch, ch, ch, ch, CHANGES!

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance. -- Alan Watts

I know a lot of us do not appreciate change in our lives but I have accepted that it's necessary. I try to take the good with the bad in life and make the best of it. Change has come again to our family and my husband and I are embracing the latest and want to make it positive for all of our family members.

Our family dynamic has changed to include a new member of our household. The marriage of one of my besties suddenly imploded at the end of August which has forced her to make some hard decisions about her life and the continued care of her son. She will move in with her sister in another town, but has asked the hubster and I to take in her teenaged son so he can stay in our school district. We feel it is best for her son to live with us and we're committed to seeing him not only through high school, but do whatever we can to help him succeed in college.

It's been 7 years since our youngest graduated from high school so this will be an adjustment. Our kids have boomeranged back and forth and other family members have drifted in and out, but going back to monitoring homework, shuttling back and forth to extracurricular activities, watching the junk food intake, etc. will take some getting used to again. Finding balance for him while he navigates through new territory after having both parents with him for his first 16 years is going to be a challenge. He's a great kid and we'll do everything we can to make sure he stays on the right path.

So...this may cut into my blogging. Not a bad thing considering what will be taking up my time--but I'm hanging onto my goal of finishing 12 projects, so please stay tuned.

And please say a prayer for all involved as we head into this new uncharted territory. And that I get a quilt completed for him by Christmas.

Happy quilting, and happy life,

Comments

Popular Posts