February 2014 Progress Report

Hi, peeps! Had enough winter yet? I'm in the South and this has been one of the coldest winters we've had in a while. More reason to quilt...

Which I did! I changed my method of applique on the Trick or Treat blocks. The previous blocks I had prepped using the starch and Templar method, but I get bored doing that with so many blocks at one time. So this month I decided to try the back basting technique and I have to say I'm enjoying it. It may be a slower process, but I feel I have more control using this method. I completed 7 blocks...
February 2014 Trick or Treat Blocks
The retirement quilt: The flimsy is complete and ready to go on the longarm, but I need to complete the backing. I want to incorporate the label in the backing and need to get that done quickly, because he's gone by March 31.
The retirement quilt - skewed because I'm too lazy to use a tripod. And it's upside down.
Swiss Mocha: There are 6 rows of 5 blocks; I have quilted 3-1/2 rows, the upper border and parts of the side borders. I decided to do a coffee bean pebble and I realized I have gone way too dense on this quilt. I mean really, this is one of those things I'll put in the linen closet and drag out when someone is cold. What was I thinking? And it's taking too long! I need to quilt the retirement quilt.
New project! A baby quilt for a grand nephew with an anticipated delivery date of July 7. It's a bullseye quilt and I'm linking up with Cat Patches and her NewFO members. (All I've done is cut the fabrics.)
Bullseye block backgrounds

Bullseye circles
I've made plans for a couple more quilts but I'll talk about those next month.

In case you haven't figured it out, I am a SLOW quilter. I savor every moment and don't worry about how fast I can get it done unless it's a gift with a deadline.

Oh, what quilting fun I've had this month! I hope to keep the good times rolling through March, starting with quilting on Swiss Mocha this weekend.

Go quilt!




Comments

Popular Posts