January 2015 Progress Report, ALYoF and 350 Blocks Project

Here's what happened!

My goal was to finish the little lone star to gift to a girlfriend's new granddaughter. Here's what the quilt was like at the beginning of January:

And here it is now, a flimsy...not quilted and bound. The backing is ready and the whole shebang should be on the longarm by tomorrow:

Trick or Treat blocks--I wanted to make 5, I made 9! Here's part of the pile:

Shopping in my Stash: I have a goal to bust 50 yards this year. I managed to not buy any fabric during the great after Christmas and don't-make-me-count-it sales, and used 3 yards this month. An ok start, but I need to make some real progress next month so I don't lag behind.

350 Blocks Project--the goal for January was 20 and I made:

9 Trick of Treat Blocks
4 pieced borders for the Little Lone Star (counting as 4 blocks)
1 backing for the Little Lone Star (counting as 4 blocks)
Finished piecing 3 braids for a German Braid IMT UFO (counting as 3 blocks)
TOTAL: 20!
(Sorry, no photos, I'm away from the camera)

Not much time in the studio this month and today I'm cleaning, otherwise that Little Lone Star would probably be quilted by tonight, but hope to have it DONE and gifted by the end of February.

 A Lovely Year of Finishes - January 2015 Finishes Party

 Prairie Moon Quilts - 350 Blocks Project January Progress Report

Go quilt!



Comments

Popular Posts