Welcome, 2015!

Ah...a new year with new possibilities. What's the plan of attack?

I have lots of ideas swimming in my head, not just for quilts but other sewn and quilty things. I still want a Christmas quilt on each bed and maybe I'll get closer to that point. I want some Halloween quilts, too. There is at least one deadline quilt I have to complete--the pattern is drafted, but it's somewhat similar to "Long May it Wave" and it will take some time. And there's the continuing effort to clean out The Bins and finish up the UFOs.

Not quilting related, but I would also like to focus more on improving my health. It's not bad--but I do have Type 2 diabetes and I want to get more exercise to improve my A1C number. When the hubster's work schedule changed, I slipped back into some bad habits with food and I've already begun improving on that issue.

I always want to spend more time with family and friends. There wasn't enough of that last year. The hubster and my sister and I started talking a couple of weeks ago about planning more for next year's Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. My sister makes the most beautiful bows and I don't bother. Emma, our youngest son's girlfriend, was talking about how she can't make bows. I did no holiday baking this year, and the hubster really missed the cookies. I had the idea to have a bow and gift-wrapping and spritz cookie "in-service" the weekend of Thanksgiving (which will be at my sister's next year). My sister has been wanting to have a craft weekend again and this may be how we do it. The guys can be involved by doing some woodwork stuff. I think it will be great, but we're to the point where we really have to plan out everything.

Back to quilting...I would love to map out the entire year like I have seen from some bloggers; I just can't always stick to the script!

For now, I'll talk about what I want to do in January. I have a little lone star quilt that I started several years ago that just needs borders and quilting. 

And I'd like to make 5 more Trick or Treat blocks. I had 62 completed by the end of 2014, and I'd like to get 60 more done this year.

AND, I will try to bust 50 yards from my stash this year. I did not meet the goal for last year (36 yards), but I have no plans to go shopping except in my cave.


I'm linking up with A Lovely Year of Finishes at Fiber of All Sorts!

 A Lovely Year of Finishes

Go quilt!






Comments

Popular Posts