March 2015 Progress Report, ALYoF and 350 Blocks Project

March was kind of wicked weather-wise...but I certainly got a lot accomplished!


...although it doesn't look like it from that collage photo.

My goals for March were to finish Chinese Nachos, complete the flimsy of Pinetree Village, and get the Australia Streak of Lightning on the longarm.

Chinese Nachos: DONE! Completed this one on March 2. This one just screams "FUN!"

Pinetree Village: FLIMSY! I'm adding snowflakes to fill up some of the negative space. I already have an idea for the quilting which I'll share down the road.
It's on it's side because my design wall isn't big enough for it to be right side up.

Australia Streak of Lightning: Didn't make it on the longarm, but it will be there soon.

Other stuff: I made a pillow using the four-block setting of this practice piece from a couple of years ago. It was my first time to install an invisible zipper, but more about that in another post.


350 Blocks Project: Shelly set our goal at 30 blocks:

One very large block for a secret project (I'll share when I can): 2
Binding for Chinese Nachos: 4
Piecing blocks and rows together of Pinetree Village: 15
Pinetree Village borders: 4
Backing for Australia Streak of Lightning: 5
Completed a pillow with MY FIRST INVISIBLE ZIPPER: 2
Trick of Treat blocks: 6
TOTAL BLOCKS FOR MARCH: 38
Total for 2015: 134




I'll talk about some of those photos in the March collage in another post. Go quilt!


Comments

Popular Posts