I'm calling it euphoria

I have had such a lovely time quilting this year that it finally hit me on the head today--I've been in a euphoric state for a few days. Oh, my gosh. I couldn't put my finger on it and now that I have, I'm just kind of ... stupid? Nuts? In a lavender haze? I don't know...but it surely feels good!

I've mentioned before that I recently regained my quilting mojo and I'm so glad it's back! I was wandering lost in the desert for so long, weighted down by so many other obligations and finally said, "Enough!" And with last year's idea of finishing 12 UFOs and not starting anything new (OK, I did start, and FINISH, 3 projects, all gifts, in addition to the other finished projects), it just made for a fairly dull and boring time.

But...hindsight is 20/20. The beauty of plodding along on those projects last year helped get me to a state where I could start thinking about new projects again. Ideas started popping and zinging and I was smiling, no--grinning! I haven't done much of that in a very long time.
Possibly the next Blooming Nine Patch
Going into the studio every day is key. I've learned I'm better off getting in there for 20-30 minutes a day than waiting until the weekend. I just spend more time in there during the weekend! The last two mornings all I've done is clean off the cutting tables in the longarm room and pick up stuff. That was good enough for me.
Inspiration Wall (needs tidying, too)
Machine Wall

Having handwork helps. I take my Trick or Treat blocks with me everywhere I go, including work. I stitch for about 15 or 20 minutes during lunch. Yesterday afternoon I took Will to an appointment and continued stitching for an hour. Wonderful.

Having quilting friends is also key. No matter what, they support me, and I hope I do the same for them.

So, if you've lost that loving feeling for quilting, or the hobby of your choice, here's a tip: Just Do It. Find something, anything, to work on, even if it's only for 10-15 minutes. Even if it's something you are no longer enamored of, especially some UFO that you lost interest in after the 75th seam, going through the process on a daily basis and seeing bits of progress will help bring you back. Try it. And please, let me know how it works for you.

As far as the above photos go, you can see that I always have a mess to clean up. But this is on the Inspiration Wall, and I smile every time I find it:

It's true! And, it also adds to the euphoria.

And quilting is my crack.

Go quilt!





Comments

Popular Posts