A lovely Mother's Day weekend



Pure bliss was what this weekend was--simple, sweet, slow.

On Saturday I was able to finish quilting the main portion of the Christmas half log cabin, while enjoying a visit from the lovely Emma (David and the hubster were working outside on a project). While taking a moment to observe my work (and making the decision that the quilt needs more cowbell), I felt the breeze from outside cooling me, and paused to take in the sounds and smells of Saturday that I find beautiful--the birds chirping, the lawn mowers (and power saws) humming, dogs barking, kids playing, just dried laundry, neighbors' grills firing up. Later, the hubster and I had lunch at a local hamburger eatery where we were seated next to Kris Allen and his family (including his darling baby boy). No photos--we did not want to interrupt their time together.

On Sunday the hubster prepared steak and eggs for breakfast. We spent a leisurely morning doing nothing until I finally went to the studio to do some tidying (it always needs more). I also watched a couple of shows that I've recorded. We met Jack, David, Syd and Emma later at Capital Bar and Grill for a wonderful dinner--we love getting together with the kids. The only way it could have been better was if we could have had Ross and Kelsey and her girls.

It was all a wonderful end to a not so wonderful week. Our air conditioner went out. It will be a while before we are able to replace it, and hubster and I came up with a Plan B. We are struggling with our ward, Will, and contemplating our next steps. Work has been stressful due to the extra workload and learning how to do someone else's job while attempting to keep up with my regular duties.

And that's what made the weekend extra special. All the simple things that happened this weekend made me realize how lucky and blessed we are.






I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, and hope you have a wonderful week--go quilt!


Comments

Popular Posts