May 2014 Goals

I have a feeling less will be accomplished this month--the warmer weather is calling me outdoors. The hubster and I may be doing a lot more in the yard before the heat and humidity become too oppressive (which is usually by the last week in May). The Bottoms Up! Studio is screaming for attention; I need to get in there and tidy up and put away some things that don't belong there.

So I'm thinking I'll cut back on the goal-setting. I did great last month except for not being able to quilt one quilt or start a NewFO. Here's hoping I can do this!

Goal 1 - Quilt and finish one quilt: I've chosen the Christmas half log cabin I added the mitered border to last month. Backing and label are prepped. The thread arrived Wednesday and I have the quilting design in my head--I'm ready to go.

Goal 2 - Trick or Treat: Complete 8 blocks.

Goal 3 - Piece the backing for the baby bullseye quilt.

Goal 4 - Start a NewFO. Funny how something that used to come to me so easily is now hard to do! I keep seeing The Bins and want to dive in and get those done. Everything old is new again! But the fabrics below will be for the NewFO. I'll tell more as it progresses, but it's kind of a secret project for the moment. So for now I'm calling it "United We Stand"--the background fabric showed up Wednesday and I started pulling more fabrics to go with it:

Long-term goal: I talked a couple of months ago about the baby quilt for our grand-nephew that's scheduled to arrive in July, and that we have 5 more for whom I haven't made quilts, plus our 2 step-granddaughters. I have 7 UFOs that will hopefully turn into their "baby" quilts. Some are pieced tops, some are pieced blocks ready to be joined into rows, etc. I would like to get them completed this year, but they'll be competing with the Christmas quilts I want to complete this year.

I am linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes May Goal Settings at Fiber of all Sorts and CatPatches' NewFOs!



Go quilt!




Comments

Popular Posts