May 2015 Goals: ALYoF, 350 Blocks Project, et al

The lovely month of May...what's in store?

I have this sea of fabrics on my sewing table:


That's two...maybe three projects. The muddy fabrics are for a low volume Burgoyne Surrounded quilt for our bed in Christmas colors/fabrics.

The bright fabrics are for the secret project I'm anxious to start. The background fabric arrived the middle of April and it and the "grout" fabric have been washed. The pattern is on the design wall waiting for me to trace it on to the fabrics. All those bright colors--they fill in the blanks. Can't say much more about it now, but I'll try to bring you little tidbits as I progress.
Background and grout fabrics
Trick or Treat blocks, blah, blah, blah. I know y'all are tired of hearing about it. It's an ongoing project and will be for probably at least another year. So here's hoping I'll get 8 blocks done this month.

Lots of cutting is what's in store this month with the secret project and Burgoyne Surrounded quilt. My least favorite part of quilting. I need to find something that will satisfy my desire to finish something, so I'm going to pick ...
Pinetree Village. I need to print the label (i.e., order it from Spoonflower), fuse the snowflakes onto the top, piece the backing and quilt it. This will be my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes this month.

350 Blocks Project: Need to make a total of at least 30, but would prefer 50 since I'm lagging.

I really need to clean the Bottoms Up! Studio. It's beginning to get to me and I was feeling it closing in on me until I threw out 7 boxes of paperwork. That helped, but there's a lot more to do...

I told the Hubster that I like to work on at least 3 projects at the same time; one that spends a lot of time on the design wall with fussy work, another with monotonous piecing when I need a break from the fussy project, and another on the longarm to keep me from getting rusty. He asked me about my Trick or Treat project and I told him that's a project that is not worked on during studio time, has no deadline and goes where I go, so it doesn't count! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Other stuff happening: We'll move Will back to his mom's home in the middle of the month. I want to get all of the major yard work done by the end of the month. The Hubster and I are going to renovate our master bath and we're gathering the supplies. We bought the tile and sink a couple of weeks ago and need to find the accent tile and fixtures and lighting, so we'll be shopping. Demolition begins at the end of the school year in June, so I'm going to make the most of my evening sewing time this month.



Here's hoping those goals can be met and I hope you're enjoying lovely weather--go quilt!


Comments

Popular Posts