Monday morning design wall

Just to mark progress...

I didn't get to work much on the baby quilt this past weekend. Other stuff to do; mostly taxes. Thank goodness, that's done. I told the Hubs when I finished it up Saturday evening that it's a lot more exhausting (and expensive) than it used to be. One of the perks of aging, I suppose.

By Sunday we had a hiccup in what we had planned because Saturday night the plumbing under our kitchen sink fell apart. I still have a sink and dishwasher full of dishes waiting to be done because we can't run the water. And while Hubs could make the repair, the point is that the apartment complex just installed a new food disposal less than 3 months ago, which tells me they didn't do a great job of installation. 

So that let me spend a little bit of time in the studio after I purchased some herbs at the local nursery. It was a slow process because that's what I needed. The work week had left me feeling banged up and just sitting in my sewing chair pinning on borders to the baby quilt was pretty good therapy.

Here's what's on my design wall at this moment:


The tiny black border on the baby quilt finishes at 3/8". Smallest border I've ever done, but I thought that anything larger would be too much. The outer borders will finish at 4". I have been stewing over the black corner squares in the outer border and I'm currently of the opinion that they do not belong there. 

Dave and Emma and Hula man await finishing, but I'll talk about those down the road.

In bird news, the boys found one of our clothes baskets yesterday:


Meli B is missing from this photo. He was standing on top of the cage screaming at them. 

They have their first visit with the veterinarian this afternoon. I have to get them all into the smaller cage and transport them. It should be fun.

Have a great week; I don't know if I'll be able to post again until this weekend or later. The best thing about the past week was taking 25 minutes each workday (lunch time) getting the inner portion of the baby quilt finished.

In the meantime, go make!




Comments

Popular Posts