Finally Finished - the Antelope Canyon Quilt
And heading soon to a friend. Happy Monday, y'all!
Folks, I'm on a roll, but only because Katrina helped me out by quilting this quilt and the Girl Gang DIY Sampler. I'm absolutely giddy. But more about the quilt:
I made this for my friend, Kevin. He and I have been friends since the 10th grade and we have been in and out of each other's lives due to distance and time (just like so many others). When we reconnected shortly after the Hubs and I moved into the Home at the Top of the Ridge, I knew he was going on my quilt list. It really didn't take me long to decide what to make because I thought this quilt would be great for him.
I used a lot of fall-ish fabrics and while the quilt was taking shape, I changed the name of it to "Texas in Autumn and Winter." I lived in Texas for five years and can tell you it's basically a three-season year there and the colors in autumn are basically the same in winter. I lived in the Houston area and it maybe hit 32 degrees twice while I lived there.
Kevin has lived in Texas for over 45 years. He purchased a camper last year and has been having fun driving all over the country. He told me recently that he's excited to get back into his home and be an urbanite again. I think he will enjoy the quilt no matter where he is.
Everything in this quilt came from my stash, and was cut on my Accuquilt Studio cutter and Cindy's Accuquilt Go. The backing is a green and blue brushed woven plaid that was leftover from the shop when we had kits for chenille scarves; it took two of those kits to make the backing. That fabric was also used as the binding on the recent Farm Friends baby quilt I made.
After I had the binding ready to sew down I remembered I needed to make and attach the label. I texted him one day and told him I didn't have his camping address! After waiting to hear back from him for 3 days without hearing from him, I made the label:
But that's ok. I like the label, and feel safe in posting the completion even though I haven't given it to him (he knows I have something for him).
![]() |
| Only one shot, but Billy the Builder was digging next door and I didn't want to risk getting it dirty. |
I’m so happy another item from my 2026 plan of attack is finished. What's next? Stitching down the binding on the Girl Gang DIY Sampler, then the secret project, then the Mod Owls Revival class, then the baby quilt--after those projects, all bets are off! Stay tuned, and go make!





Comments
Post a Comment